How to Support Your Pets During Back-to-School Season
As the back-to-school season rolls around, big changes happen at home that can impact our furry buddies. When families return to their usual routines, our pets might start feeling things like being lonely, stressed, or a bit bored. But guess what? We can help them handle this time smoothly by using some easy tricks and giving them some extra love.
In this blog, we’re here to show you how to make things easier for your pets during the back-to-school season. We’ll talk about ways to make them less worried when you’re not around, how to keep their normal routines going, and how to keep their minds active even when the family is out.
Here are some things you can do:
1. Take It Slowly: Pets find comfort in routines, so try making small changes to your routine a few weeks before school starts. This helps them get used to being alone for longer.
2. Create a Cozy Spot: Make a comfy spot with their bed, toys, and familiar smells. You can even use special sprays that make them feel calm and safe. This will allow your pet to have a safe space to go to in the event that they begin to feel overwhelmed or stressed while you’re gone.
3. Stick to a Schedule: Keep their feeding schedule and playing times the same every day. This will help your four-legged family member know what to expect.
4. Fun Toys and Treats: Give your pet toys and puzzles that keep their minds busy. These can help them have fun and reduce boredom while you’re not home. Keeping their mind active is a great way to distract them from the fact that you aren’t home.
5. Get Some Help: If you can, ask someone to visit during the day or hire a dog walker to take your dog for a walk. This breaks up their alone time, allows them to expel some energy, and gives them company.
6. Relaxing Sounds: Play gentle music or sounds that make them feel relaxed. There are even some playlists that are made just for pets!
7. Classes and Training: Consider enrolling your pet in classes where they can learn new things and play with other pets. This keeps their minds and bodies active, as well as gives them a change of scenery.
By following these tips, you can help your pets feel less worried when things change during the back-to-school season. Extra cuddles and care can really make a big difference in how they feel. If you want to know more about helping your pet during this time, just give our team a shout!